Thursday 22 May 2014

Serene Silhouettes Art Gallery Card using Stampin' Up! products

A very Happy Thursday to you all. 

I'm a bit late in posting today. It has been a crazy busy week one way or another what with baby jabs (*big sad face*) and appointments and a bit of crafting too. Oh and I am up to my ears in card class preparation too. So please accept my apologies for a late in the day crafty post this afternoon.

If you have 'liked' my Facebook page (www.facebook.com/stampinupiow) you will have been following the pictures I have been sharing of all my lovely Telford swaps. Pop over and click like if you'd like a little swappy inspiration. Demonstrators are a truly creative bunch of crafters.

I was blog surfing a few weeks ago and came across a beautiful card that had taken an art gallery as its inspiration for a card layout. I just loved the simple idea and decided to have a go with my daubers and the Serene Silhouettes stamp set.


I used a simple Basic Black cardstock base (21cm x 14.8cm scored at 10.5cm) and then created three 1.5" squares for the mini artworks. I sponge these with my daubers in Old Olive, Crushed Curry and Pool Party to create the grass, sunset and sky.

I then stamped the silhouettes (the bottom silhouette is taken from the Wetlands stamp set) in Basic Black over the top. I finished with two tiny butterflies cut using my Beautiful Wings Embosslits (they were cut using the Quatrefancy Speciality Paper) and the greeting from Wetlands stamped in Encore Silver ink.


You can order all Stampin' Up! products through my online store by clicking here or by clicking on any of the product links above. I will also happily order any products for you. Just drop me a line on poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 01983 609249 and I'll happily assist.



And don't forget to check out this weeks Weekly Deals below to see what fab items are discounted for a limited time only (until Tuesday). Click on the picture to click to the weekly deals on my online store.



Happy Crafting

-XXX-

No comments:

Post a Comment