Monday 5 May 2014

By the Tide Birthday Bookmark

Good morning Stampers.

I hope you are enjoying the long weekend. What have you been up to this fine May Day? I squeezed in a little craftiness on Saturday making my Hostess Club welcome gifts. I will share those with you later in the week. But now my mini flurry of birthdays in briefly paused (to be resumed next weekend) I can share the second of the birthday cards I made for my Dad.


If you remember this project I made last year for Mother's Day (altered gift cards) well then you might recognise one of the elements of this birthday card. Mum wanted to create a bookmark as part of the card for my Dad. His books are often littered with old train tickets and receipts that he uses as page markers. So as this old gift card was about the same size Mum wanted to create a fishy themed glazed bookmark and then use it as a focal point for a card.


I covered the gift card in Modern Medley Designer Series Paper and inked the edges with my daubers and Soft Suede ink. I then stamped the seaweed image from By The Tide across the newsprint. I also stamped the fish from the same set twice in Black Stazon on to a scrap piece of Very Vanilla. I sponge daubered Garden Green ink over the fish images (and then inked Gold Encore ink over the top to give the fish a Ghost Koi feel). The seashell is from the By The Seashore stampset.



To finish the card I used a Tempting Turquoise base with Island Indigo and Soft Suede layers.  For the inked main layer I used Naturals White Cardstock (slightly textured like sand) and stamped the seaweed again and then used a stamping sponge to spread Pool Party ink over the background. I then ripped two pieces of cardstock (Crumb Cake and Soft Suede) to give the sandy feel to the base of the image. I then used a length of Linen Thread and a Neutrals Button to finish the embellishment.

The base of the card was inspired by this creation I found on Pinterest. I thought it made a perfect base to highlight the fishy bookmark (which i glazed with Mod Podge to make it last longer).

Thank you for popping by today. You can order all Stampin' Up! products through my online store by click here or by clicking on any of the product links above. I will also happily order any products for you. Just drop me a line on poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 01983 609249 and I'll happily assist.

And don't forget to check out this weeks Weekly Deals to see what fab items are discounted for a limited time only (until tomorrow!).



Happy Crafting
-XXX-

No comments:

Post a Comment