Thursday 29 May 2014

Double Flip Circle Thinlit Card with Stampin' Up!'s Wetlands Stamp Set


A very happy crafty Thursday to you all. It is weigh in day at Slimming World today so wish me luck.

I wanted to share this card we made at my card class this month with you today. I love this double flip thinlit idea using the Circle Card Thinlits Die. It is so simple to create by running your card through the die twice (making sure the end of your card sits over the die not under so it isn't cut. I used this tuturial from France Martin to create my card base).

Here is more information on the Thinlits Card Dies from Stampin' Up!


I created my card base with the Natural Composition Designer Series Speciality Paper attached to the Crumb Cake card to run through the Big Shot with the die (this creates a perfectly matched flip card without worrying about lining up the card parts after). I used the Hardwood background stamped on Very Vanilla for the middle panel. The two circles were punched using my 2 1/2" Circle Punch from Watercolour Paper. We then used an Aquapainter with So Saffron, Bermuda Bay and Calypso Coral inkpads to wash the background. The Wetlands images were then stamped over the top (once the watercolouring had dried) using Old Olive and Chocolate Chip ink.


I love this neutral wood effect stamping and will really miss the Natural Compositions Papers when they leave the catalogue (only a month left to enjoy them!).

I hope you liked my crafty share today. Please get in touch if I have missed anything out or you would like any more information.

You can order all Stampin' Up! products through my online store by clicking here or by clicking on any of the product links above. I will also happily order any products for you. Just drop me a line on poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 01983 609249 and I'll happily assist.

Happy Crafting

-X-

No comments:

Post a Comment