Friday 2 May 2014

Zenspired Birthday Greetings


Good morning and a very Happy Birthday to my littlest sister today. I promised yesterday I would be sharing something a little different today and here it is.

While surfing Pinterest I came across Joanne Fink and her Zenspirations books. I have always loved doodling, sparkle and colouring in. And creating Zenspiration drawings gives me an opportunity to combine all of the above with my love for Stampin' Up!


This is only be second attempt at a Zenspiration style monogram and I thought it would make a perfect birthday card for Sophie. I looked up a few different styles of monogram. My favourite style is the dangle designs where you create hanging hearts so I incorporated a little of this in to my 'S'. Once I'd pencilled my design I went over with my Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker and then coloured my design with my Brights Stampin' Writes. The stamp is one I found in my stash (sadly not Stampin' Up!).


I was attempting to use my sisters gift as the inspiration for the design. I wanted nice bright colours to reflect the striped of her birthday gift- these lovely bright summer sandals for our summer holiday.



Below is a close up of the stripes I drew in to the design for her 'S' birthday card. You can see how I had a few issues with adding the glitter. I wanted to add a little sparkle so I used my Dazzling Details to colour over sections of the 'S'. But unfortunately it bubbled the paper and made the coloured ink do funny things too. I still think it looks lovely though. I just won't do it again! I loved adding the Basic Rhinestones to the lines to add a little glitz and bling.


So while this isn't a traditional Stampin' Up! stamped card I have used my lovely Brights Collection card stock (Pumpkin Pie, Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight and Melon Mambo) and Stampin' Write Markers to create this doodled design. I am a little bit addicted to these drawings at the moment and have been using every spare minute between baby feeds and child entertaining to have a go at these doodles. 

Thank you for popping by today. You can order all Stampin' Up! products through my online store by click here or by clicking on any of the product links above. I will also happily order any products for you. Just drop me a line on poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 01983 609249 and I'll happily assist.

And don't forget to check out this weeks Weekly Deals to see what fab items are discounted for a limited time only (until Tuesday).



Happy Crafting
-XXX-

No comments:

Post a Comment