Monday 26 May 2014

Button Tree Birthday Card with Stampin' Up! Designer Buttons

 Good morning crafters. How is this fine May treating you so far? Did you have a good weekend? It was a lovely bright and mild weekend here on the Isle of Wight. I was busily tucked up crafting. I made the most of every minute in my craft room as I had spent some time Pinteresting and was feeling super inspired. I also spent Saturday afternoon in the company of my lovely monthly card class ladies. More to come on those projects later in the week.....

Today's crafty make is this Button Tree Birthday Card.


I had seen a tree made with buttons on Pinterest and decided it would work perfectly with the stamped image from the Hopeful Thoughts stamp set. I stamped the tree in Chocolate Chip Ink on to a 9.2cm square of Baked Brown Sugar DSP from the 2013-2015 In Color Designer Series Paper Stack. I inked the edges in Chocolate Chip using my sponge dauber and then layered on to a 9.5cm square of Old Olive and a 10cm square of Naturals Ivory cardstock. 

Once I had the basic layers (which I also wrapped with Linen Thread) I then arranged my Designer Buttons. I used different shapes and sizes from the Regals and Brights Collections. I laid them all out to cover the branches of the stamped image. Once happy with my arrangement I used Glue Dots to secure them to the card base. 



Exciting news, be sure to check out the newly updated Clearance Rack by clicking the picture below. There are lots of newly added (and hugely reduced!) products at fantastic prices. But they are selling out fast so be sure to get your order in sooner rather than later.


You can order all Stampin' Up! products through my online store by clicking here or by clicking on any of the product links above. I will also happily order any products for you. Just drop me a line on poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 01983 609249 and I'll happily assist.

Happy Crafting
-X-

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic - would love to borrow the idea please. Lovely to see you at Telford recently too. Take care. Jenny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Borrow away Jenny my lovely. Always happy to know people are reading my blog ;0) Really great to see you at Telford too and well done with SW you are looking FAB!!! xx

      Delete