Friday 27 June 2014

Craft and Card Making Classes on the Isle of Wight: Afternoon Picnic Fancy Fold Sympathy Card


Good morning crafty friends. I was browsing (OK so I lost several hours!) on Pinterest for fancy fold cards for my card class last month when I came across this Fancy Flap Card tutorial. I thought this was such a simple addition to a standard card to make a fancy fold. Sadly I also had cause to create a sympathy card for a dear Demonstrator friend and wanted to make something a bit special for her. I combined the two and came up with this lovely gentle card creation.

I used the soon to retire Afternoon Picnic Designer Series Papers (items are selling fast on the retiring list. Order quickly before they are gone!) with a Pear Pizzazz card base layered with Very Vanilla and Wisteria Wonder.


The card base is a standard half A4 (14.8cm x 21cm). I cut the flap at 14cm x 12.5cm (the score line was at 2cm to create the hinge to attach to the back of the cardbase). I created the triangle by marking the flap at 7.4cm on three sides and cutting the triangular flaps off. I used my Square Framelits to create the window.


The bird image is from a retired stamp set called Elements of Style. The stamp is no longer available, however, you can still use the stamp brush set through My Digital Studio. If you colour your image and size it within the programme. You can then print on Very Vanilla and cut with your Framelits or Trimmer.

Click the image below to check all the items on the Retiring List. These items are only available for FOUR MORE DAYS. All items will be retired on Monday June 30th ready for the launch of the new Stampin' Up! catalogue on Tuesday July 1st.


Please get in touch with any questions or queries or please pop over to my Online Store for more information on all our products. Get in touch on poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 01983 609249.

Happy Crafting
-X-

No comments:

Post a Comment