Thursday 26 June 2014

Cardmaking and craft class on the Isle of Wight: Stampin' Up!'s Simply Sketched Poppy


To celebrate the Retiring Lists I was looking through all my stamp sets that are retiring and decided to use my favourites for class projects for June. I found this beautiful card on Pinterest and decided I had to give it a go as it uses two of my favourite retiring stamp sets. Simply Sketched is my favourite hostess set of the past few years (such beautiful stamped images perfect for masking and layering) and En Francais is the most used stamp in my collection (I love creating swirly text backgrounds with this large background stamp).

To create this card I started with a standard half of A4 card base in Soft Suede. I then cut a layer from Baked Brown Sugar (10cm x 14.3cm). I used my Circle Framelits to cut the circle window in the Baked Brown Sugar layer. I then used my Essentials Paper Piercing Pack to edge the circle with my Piercing Tool. 

I created the stamped layer with a 9.5cm square of Very Vanilla cardstock. I inked the En Francais (which has subsequently now sold out from the Retiring List) stamp with Crumb Cake. To get a more subtle background effect I first stamped off on to a scrap piece of paper and then stamped my Very Vanilla piece. This lightened the background stamping.

We then stamped the greeting and poppy image in Soft Suede and then coloured using ink from the lid of the ink pad and a Blender Pen (we coloured the poppy with Tangerine Tango). To finish we stamped the leaf image from Simply Sketched in Soft Suede in the corners of the Baked Brown Sugar layer (which was secured to the Soft Suede base with Dimensionals).


So as you can see from above, items are selling out fast from the Retiring Lists. If you'd like to see the lists of items and what is now unavailable you can see this post pinned to the top of my page. Alternatively, click on the picture below to click through to my online store to browse items available until Monday only (June 30th).


Please get in touch with any questions or queries or please pop over to my Online Store for more information on all our products. Get in touch on poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 01983 609249.

Happy Crafting
-X-

No comments:

Post a Comment