Thursday 12 June 2014

Serene Silhouettes Vintage Birthday Card


Good morning. I hope you've explored the fantastic Project Life Customer Sneak Peek over on my online store. This really is a hugely exciting new range of products and I cannot wait to start showing you projects made with all the new loveliness.

But for today I wanted to share this card we made at last month's card class. This was a CASE of a beautiful swap I received from my upline Michelle at Telford. It was simply stunning! I couldn't exactly deconstruct her card (and I also didn't have the beautiful swirly sentiment she used) so I did the best I could with the stamps I had.

I started with a Crumb Cake base and stamped the writing from By The Tide in Crumb Cake ink (it is pale enough that no one will realise the writing is about shells!). I inked the edges of the cardstock with Soft Suede ink and then layered the stamped floral image from Serene Silhouettes over the top (I coloured the stamp with Island Indigo, Pool Party & Old Olive Stampin' Write markers).

I then picked a swirly sentiment from a now retired stamp set for the greeting which was heat embossed with Silver Embossing Powder. We layered the Crumb Cake on to a Pool Party layer and then glued to an Early Espresso base.

And to finish we used our Two Way Glue Pen & Dazzling Diamonds to create glittered edges to our silhouette stamp. 


This was such a beautiful swap to receive (and it came with chocolate too! Who doesn't love a chocolatey treat?) and I'm glad I was able to reconstruct it. The colour scheme went down really well at my class.

Don't forget the current promotions at the moment using the links below:

You can order all Stampin' Up! products through my online store by clicking here or by clicking on any of the product links above. I will also happily order any products for you. Just drop me a line on poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 01983 609249 and I'll happily assist.

Happy Crafting

-X-

No comments:

Post a Comment