Thursday 19 June 2014

My Burlap and Blooms Wreath from Stampin' Up!


My Mum & Dad have just moved house and I was pondering on a gift I could make for them to brighten the new space and start making the place their own. I surfed Pinterest for some ideas with no luck when all of a sudden I remembered I had purchased the fantastic Burlap and Blooms Wreath Kit from the Spring Summer Catalogue. I knew this would make a perfect New Home gift. So I plugged in my hot glue gun and set about creating the wreath.

Sometimes I just want the simplicity and ease of a kit. I love how everything is ready and waiting to go. All the pieces are there. You just have to assemble and stick. Perfect! So I stuck on the last few weeks Nashville episodes on 4OD and I was away.

I'd say it took about 2 hours or so to complete in total but I loved every step of the process from wrapping the burlap to creating the individual flowers to assembling the finished product. 


Here are the full kit details. I love that you get all of this for £15.95. If you purchased a completed project in the shops it would cost considerably more and without the satisfaction of knowing you made it yourself.


Here are some closer pictures of all the different layers and textures that make up the floral elements.


My favourite flowers to create were the fringed wrapped flowers. I am going to have a go at something similar with my Fringe Scissors. That way I can create fringed flowers to match any project with any colour DSP.


I finished my wreath by tying a length of Natural Chevron Ribbon (not included in the kit) around the hanging Burlap loop. I liked the added dimension of the Chevron Ribbon.


All the elements that you see in this picture from the flower components to the buttons to linen thread are all included with the kit. All you need is some strong adhesive (I would recommend a glue gun for ease) to piece together the flowers and adhere to your burlap wrapped wreath.




If you haven't ordered your Burlap and Bloom wreath yet, you only have until June 30th to order one before the kit is retired for good. It is such a fun investment for £15.95.  You can order yours direct through my online store or drop me a line on poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk and I'd be happy to place an order for you.



And don't forget to check out the retiring products lists as well. Click on the picture below to connect through to my online store to see which products will be leaving us at the end of the month (and many are selling out fast!).



Please get in touch with any questions or queries or please pop over to my Online Store for more information on all our products. Get in touch on poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 01983 609249.

Happy Crafting
-X-

No comments:

Post a Comment