Wednesday 29 October 2014

Halloween Witch Boot Treat Holder from Stampin' Up! UK Demonstrator Sarah Poulton


Good morning crafters.

As promised I am back with my second of this weeks Halloween inspired creations. I was looking for simple little treat holders to give to my 2 year old on Friday. Both she and my 7 month old have super cute monster costumes (matching of course) and I wanted something not too scary for her Trick or Treating basket.

I found a similar Witch Boot designed by Karen Fontinelle and thought this would make a perfect holder for the chocolate brains I'd found in the supermarket. I used a cut down kitchen roll inner tube to create this. I cut 1/2" strips of Rich Razzleberry and Tangerine Tango cardstock and glued to the roll.

I wrapped a 1" strip of Basic Black cardstock around the base and folded back the corners to create the boot opening. The buckle was punched using my Petite Curly Label Punch from Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper (I cut a small rectangle of Basic Black to create the buckle effect).


I used a bone folder to soften the fibres and roll the shaped boot base to give the pointy effect.

Thanks for stopping by today. Please come back on Friday for my final Halloween project (a hat to match our Witch's boot). If you have any questions about today's project or the products I have used, please get in touch on poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 01983 609249. You can order online direct through my store by clicking the product links above or the pictures below. I also have availability in the next few months for your very own crafty party. 

Happy Crafting
-X

No comments:

Post a Comment