Monday 6 October 2014

The Newborn King gold embossed Christmas card using Stampin' Up! products

Good afternoon on a very rainy and wet Autumn afternoon. The season has officially changed and we welcomed the rain with a soggy walk to playgroup stomping in all the puddles this morning (much to Summer's delight). But with the rain and the puddle jumping also comes Pumpkin Spice Lattes and ginger nut biscuits so I am more than happy to celebrate the season.


I have another of my September class makes to share with you today. I absolutely adore The Newborn King stamp set. I am a real sucker for nativity scene stamps and have a lovely collection of images in my craft room and this is now one of my favourites. I love the mix of the traditional manger scene mixed with the contemporary styled trees.

This card was inspired by this card I found on Pinterest. I loved the simplicity of the gold embossing on black. Not a traditionally festive colour scheme but so effective with the detail of this stamp.

I added my own detail by layering the image with Brushed Gold cardstock and a layer embossed with the Lucky Stars Embossing Folder (run through my Big Shot). I ran my Gold Encore ink pad over the embossed layer to colour the raised embossed stars. The Mary, Joseph and Jesus image was coloured with my Chalk Marker.

Thank you for popping by today. Don't forget to check out this weeks Weekly Deals and our World Cardmaking Day exclusively discounted products.

If you have any questions about today's project or the products I have used, please get in touch on poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 01983 609249. You can order online direct through my store by clicking the product links above or the pictures below. I also have availability in the next few months for your very own crafty party. Click on the Promotions tab above to see the exclusive hostess promotion running until October 31st.

Happy Crafting
-X-


1 comment:

  1. I. Love the trees on the newborn king set........they almost look embossed!

    ReplyDelete