Thursday 2 February 2012

Last month's card class makes

Apologies for my slack blogging recently ;0) I have been making lots of lovely things for classes and future workshops but seem to have run out of energy for sitting on the computer to update my blog. To make up for it I am sharing two cards today that I taught at January's card class (and i'll hopefully blog the other two tomorrow via the wonder of post scheduling!).

Here is the first of the cards we made (and my favourite of all my makes recently). I saw this card on the talented Jenny Moor's blog last week and knew my class ladies would love it. This was a last minute substitution for a card I had made but wasn't 100% happy with. This card is a Sale-a-Bration inspired wonder. It uses the exclusive (and free!) SAB set, Fresh Vintage and the strip of DSP is from the lovely free SAB papers Everyday Enchantment. The colour scheme is Peach Parfait, Calypso Coral, Pear Pizzazz, Very Vanilla and Pool Party. We used the fantastically versatile Stampin' Write markers to colour the stamp before stamping which gives this lovely detailed multicoloured effect.
 The second card I wanted to share with you today is another inspired by Peg. We have a whole series of family weddings this year and my Mum had seen this card and asked me to recreate it for the class. I created two versions of it, the second of which I was a lot happier with (my first attempt fell foul to an accident with a bottle of Tombow so I had to trim it to an odd shape and dimension).

I love this layered Whisper White look and the effect of using lots of different textures to create the layers. I used lots of different embossing folders, punches and Embosslits to create the textured layers and the stamping was done using a retired stamp set sadly (it was the only set I currently have featuring hearts). This will make a perfect wedding celebration card. And my class ladies were very keen to change it to an anniversary card by changing the tag greetings. It was finished perfectly with a glitter brad and three rhinestones.
 Here is my first version (the tombow spilt one) which I created from Peg's original, with a winter wedding in mind (hence the Serene Snowflakes).
Right, thats all from me today. Hope you enjoyed todays projects. Like i've said before, roll on lighter evenings so i can get some better quality photos again. I'll write another post now to share the other projects tomorrow.

Happy crafting ;0)
-X-

No comments:

Post a Comment