Sunday 12 February 2012

February Scrapbook Class

I have just returned home from a creative weekend of scrapbooking at the Wight Craft Circle Retreat. I managed to tick off a lot of my crafting 'to dos' off the list. Although the list is still as long as my arm. But I did manage to create a few layouts that I've been wanting to spend some time on and have officially started my baby scrapbook with three layouts using scan pictures. I keep looking at the pages and they make me smile. I've done my usual trick of putting them all in my album with page protectors before photographing them though. Hopefully I'll get the chance to take pictures later in teh weekend.

Now on to matters at hand. This week sees both my card class and scrapbooking classes. I spent some time over the weekend working on our two scrapbook pages. This is the first of our February layouts:
This page is inspired by the Spice Cake Designer Series Paper and matching Spiced Paisley stamp set. I used the DSP colour scheme (More Mustard, Very Vanilla, Soft Suede, Pool Party and Pear Pizzazz) to theme the page and tie in the embellishments.  The giant button is exclusive to the current Spring Mini Catalogue (Spice Cake Designer Buttons, Page 11 of the Mini) and the ribbons are Pear Pizzazz Seam Binding and Pool Party Ruffled. The tree is unfortunately not a stamp available in this country. I wanted to create a complimentary embellishment and this tree was perfect, but is not available in our UK Stampin' Up! catalogue at this present time.

I'm looking forward to teaching this layout as I love the unusual colour combinations and the paisley stamp set (which stamps beautifully). I also hope you all enjoy me sharing this delightful picture of me and my cousin as littl'uns (especially the snail horns that seem to be growing from my head in the photo). 
If you'd like any further information on Stampin' Up or the lovely craft products available exclusively in our main and mini catalogues, please get in touch on 01983 609249 or poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk. I'm happy to chat about workshops, Sale-A-Bration (free SU goodies!!), or just craftiness generally ;0)

Happy crafting ;0)
-XX-

No comments:

Post a Comment