Wednesday 29 February 2012

Bundle of Love for my Secret Stork


 I'm not sure what happened with the colours in todays photos. This card is actually created using Pretty In Pink cardstock but in this photo it seems to have taken on an orange-y hue.

I am taking part in a Secret Stork with a Facebook group for ladies having babies in May. I wanted to create a baby themed card to go with my baby pressie. The lady I am sending to is expecting a girl and I have bought several pink items to go in the parcel. This card coordinates perfectly.

I created this card using the Bundle of Love stamp set paired with my various sized circle punches. I punched circles using Rose Red and Melon Manbo to make the most of Stampin' Up!'s coordinating pink shades. I coloured the details of the baby images with my Pretty in Pink Stampin' Write marker. I then used a paper ribbon from my stash (the Stampin' Up! crochet trim would work just as well) and embellished with the large size Basic Pearls.

This card looked like it was going to go very wrong as it was originally created as a 15cm x 15cm square card. I stamped the images across the whole card but it just didn't work properly. The layout was all wrong. So I cut the card in half and scored down the centre (creating a 7.5x15cm card instead).  I used the circle design for the front of the card and the pram and hearts are the reverse of the card. Dividing the card up like this worked so much better and I am much happier with the result.

Now all I have to do is pack up the parcel and pop the card in and its all set for posting.

Hope your Wednesday is going well. Hump day is nearly over ;0)

Happy Crafting ;0)
-X-

No comments:

Post a Comment