Thursday 23 February 2012

Workshop Makes

I seem to be getting a bit of my crafting mojo back at the minute. Or more likely I drag my bum upstairs and it is far more tempting to sit in my craft room with iPlayer on and crafting bits out than to face walking back downstairs again ;0) Well whatever the reason, I am enjoying being back in my craft room (and I'm loving catching up on Call The Midwife on iPlayer too).

I demonstrated for some lovely ladies last night. They are regular customers of mine and are very understanding of me keep dropping off in classes and leaving our craft evenings early (just kidding about the nodding off btw). I wanted to share with you the hostess gift I created with the Spice Cake Designer Series Papers.

The set together:

I created the card on a Chocolate Chip base with squares of Spice Cake DSP layered on to Very Vanilla and textured through the Big Shot with the Lattice Square Embossing Folder. I then created the embellished strip using More Mustard, Very Vanilla and Chocolate Chip Scallop Ribbon. The flower is cut from a sheet of the DSP (I have cut two flowers and layered them with dimensionals and finished with a Pearl).

 Here is the gorgeous 6 sided box I created for my Hostess (using the fabulous Milk Carton die). This is again a Chocolate Chip base embellished with Pool Party Ruffled Ribbon, Spice Cake DSP and the matching large Pear Pizzazz button.
 I love that I have suddenly rediscovered linen thread and my Tiny Tags set. Together they perfectly finish this little thank you box (filled with lovely SU goodies for my hostess).
Please excuse the upside down labels. It looked OK till I tied the bow and then the tags refused to lie correctly. But you get the idea ;0)

Hope you're all having a lovely week and looking forward to the weekend as much as me (baby's nursery is beginning to take shape- the desire to clean is overwhelming- so I'll probably be found up to my ears in antibacterial wipes and Dettol).

Happy Crafting ;0)
-X-

No comments:

Post a Comment