Friday 27 January 2012

Happy Birthday Mum

I saw this lovely card on my friend Peg's blog and knew this would be the inspiration for my Mum's Birthday card this year. I loved the use of the Top Note to create an accordian style card and I decided to use it to make a mini scrapbooking album card.

I used the lovely Nursery Nest Designer Series Paper and Quick accents to create this mini album. I was attempting to illustrate that this suite can be used for more than just baby cards and scrapbook pages. The accents worked really well on embellishing the pages. And I love that the pattern reminds me of stitching and haberdashery.
This is the front cover which uses the sentiment from 'Party This Way' stamped in Pear Pizzazz (to match the Poly Stitched Ribbon which closes the card):
This is the card unfolded. I used a family picture and a photo of our dog Kala. We do have a lovely new dog called Sasha but i couldn't find a single picture of her on my computer to use. I think I'll have to start taking my camera to Mum's house more to capture the two dogs together.
 
I embellished the edges of the photos with accents from the Nursery Nest set.
Thank you for stopping by today and I'd like to wish my Mum a very Happy Birthday ;0)
-XXXXXX-

1 comment: