Tuesday 17 January 2012

2nd LO for this weeks scrapbooking class

So yesterdays layout got me to thinking about scrapbooking winter and trying to think outside the box colourwise. I had a flick through my ever growing 'to be scrapped' photo box and found these two snow pictures that I took the Christmas before last. I thought these would be a perfect starting point for a winter LO.   I then decided to mount a previously unused and brand new stampset, Creative Elements, which I received in my convention bag last year. I had seen a similar flourish used on a winter layout in a magazine and thought the contrasting Riding Hood Red and Whisper White worked well together.

The technique for this layout is the use of stamping on the paper daisies. A beautiful (and always matching) technique I have seen used on a lot of card and scrapbooking projects and perfect for this Crumb Cake, Riding Hood Red and Soft Suede themed page. Sadly the designer papers I used are now retired but they give a lovely contrast to the usual winter colour schemes.

I would also just like to point out that there is a rogue piece of scrap paper in the photo above. The lower left hand corner 'corner flourish' was actually discarded but somehow made it into the picture anyways.

I'm really looking forward to teaching this class on Thursday now and maybe even sitting and getting through some more of my 'to be scrapped' photos at the weekend too ;0)

Thanks for stopping by today and happy crafting ;0)
-X-

No comments:

Post a Comment