Monday 1 December 2014

Virtual Hostess Club Mini Easel Gift from Stampin' Up! UK Demonstrator Sarah Poulton


Good morning and very warm welcome from the Isle of Wight on this fine and mild December 1st morning. Today signals the official start to the festive countdown. Already today I have hung my 12 Days of Christmas cross stitch and both the girls are in the first of several (many!) Christmas outfits. I'm also going to be starting my Project Life December album today (pictures to come- woohoo!)

I have a special project to share with you today. This was a bit of a labour of love as I made 10 of these little mini easels for my virtal hostess club ladies to go with their November orders. I wanted a little decorative gift (this was my inspiration). Something a bit different to contribute to their festive preparations. I picked up the mini easels from my local The Works store.

Then came the fun bit, decorating and designing. I used the Typeset Designer Series Speciality Paper as my base. I gave it this antique aged effect with Soft Suede ink and a Stamping Sponge. 


I then stamped the flourishes and leaves (both from retired Christmas stamp sets). 

To create my Punch Art Poinsettia I punched lots of Cherry Cobbler wings from the Bird Punch and glued together in a circle layering on top of one another using Glue Dots (I also lightly daubered the edges with Cherry Cobbler ink). I then punched a Cherry Cobbler flower using the Petite Petals Punch which I curved with my Bone Folder for the top layer. For the flower centre I used three tiny Basic Pearls which I coloured with my Daffodil Delight Blendabilities Markers.


The final detail was the 'Joy' which I punched in Cherry Cobbler on to Old Olive cardstock using my Epic Alphabet stamp set. I then cut this and glued to my canvas. I finished with a bit of doodling with my Basic Black Stampin' Write marker and a mini star punched from Champagne Glimmer Paper.

I sprayed the whole canvas with Smooch Spritz to give it a sparkly festive sheen. However, this has not come out in the photographs. You'll just have to take my word for it that these canvases are lovely and sparkly.

I hope you've enjoyed my festive share today. I am so excited to start my December album with you more in the week. Keep your fingers crossed I can get the girls to sleep early enough to crack on with Day 1.

If you have any questions about today's project or the products I have used, please get in touch on poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 01983 609249. You can order online direct through my store by clicking the product links above or the pictures below. I also have availability in the next few months for your very own crafty party so drop me a line to find out more and get your date in the diary.

Happy Crafting
-X-

No comments:

Post a Comment