Monday 8 December 2014

A quick Candy Cane December Wonder Tag Swap from Stampin' Up! UK Demonstrator Sarah Poulton

 Good morning from a sunny and crisp Isle of Wight. How was your crafty weekend?

We've returned from a lovely festive weekend away enjoying the Christmas festivities (such as the gorgeous Winchester Christmas Market) and meeting with old and new friends. And of course, the Sale-A-Bration sneak peek event on Thursday. I had a fab time chatting to fellow Demonstrators and looking at the inspiring projects on display. And I was lucky enough to win a prize patrol (a lovely Sale-A-Bration stamp set which you can exclusively add to your orders for free in January, February and March). Add to that the excitement of the Demonstrator pre-order sneak peek of the new Spring Summer catalogue and you have a perfectly crafty and super exciting Stampin' Up! weekend.


Today I wanted to share with you the swaps I made to share with my fellow Stampin' Up! Demonstrators. Swapping is one of the best parts of Stampin' Up! events. I love the inspiration that can be gained from swapping as you see products used in new and exciting ways. I wanted to create something fun and festive so came up with these candy cane tags.


I used my Scallop Tag Topper Punch to create the basic tag (2" wide x length of your candy cane) from Crumb Cake cardstock. I then cut two slots (2cm between the two slits) to slip the Candy Cane through. To embellish I stamped the 'Hello December' from the December Wonder stamp set in Cherry Cobbler ink. I stamped the tree from the same set and doodled stitching with my Cherry Cobbler Stampin' Write marker around the edge.


To finish I tied the Candy Cane to the tag with 1/8" Real Red Taffeta Ribbon. Oh and I added a Champagne Glimmer Paper star to the top of the tree (any sparkly star embellishment or coloured glitter glue would look fab).

And now to share a few of my favourite swaps I received in return (apologies to my fellow Demonstrators as I don't have the swaps with me as I type so cannot give credit. Credit to follow).

I loved this neat little Merry Christmas wall hanging. Complete with curled wire to hang it up with:



I love the colours of this Wondrous Wreath swap:


And I was a bit conflicted by the Visions of Santa stamp set when I first saw it and it is not one I own. But I absolutely loved receiving this swap using the set.


Thanks for stopping by today and for sharing in my December crafty festivities.

Be sure not to miss the Year End Closeout bargains on the Clearance Rack. Some fantastic bargains to be had. But stock only available while supplies last so get your order in quick so as not to miss out! Click the image below to link straight through to the products available at great prices.


If you have any questions about today's project or the products I have used, please get in touch on poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 01983 609249. You can order online direct through my store by clicking the product links above or the pictures below. I also have availability in the next few months for your very own crafty party so drop me a line to find out more and get your date in the diary.

Happy Crafting
-X-

No comments:

Post a Comment