Thursday 18 December 2014

Festival of Trees Christmas Card Fun from Stampin' Up! UK Demonstrator Sarah Poulton


Good morning lovelies.

Here is the card I tried to share with you last week but somehow got lost in the publishing ether when I tried to schedule it.

This is a gorgeous card inspired by the very talented (and very lovely) Vicky over at Crafting Clare. I loved her clean and simple use of the Festival of Trees stamp set combined with the Typeset Speciality Papers and wanted to give it my own Stampin' Sarah spin.

I used Naturals Ivory card stock layered over a Very Vanilla cardbase. I used my acrylic block to stamp a rectangular background in Whisper White Craft Ink (I loved this naturals layering tone on tone).


For the tree I stamped the Festival of Trees image on to a scrap of Typeset DSP in Mossy Meadow Ink. I then hand cut as the paper is too thin and lovely to be used with the coordinating punch. I then glued to my card and embellished with Brights Candy Dots (I love how these look like bright twinkly tree lights). I then finished by stamping the tree pot in Daffodil Delight and the greeting in Real Red (which I coloured with my Stampin' Write marker so as to only use a section of the sentiment).

Thank you for popping by today. I'll have another festive creation for you tomorrow. If you have any questions about today's project or the products I have used, please get in touch on poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 01983 609249. You can order online direct through my store by clicking the product links below. I also have availability in the next few months for your very own crafty party so drop me a line to find out more and get your date in the diary.

Happy Crafting
-X-

1 comment: