Monday 1 June 2015

A happy summery Sheltering Tree card from Stampin' Up! UK Sarah Poulton

Good morning and a very happy Monday morning to you.

How was your weekend? Hopefully a sunny and productive one ;0)

We are now only 1 day away from the shiny new catalogue. I cannot wait to share all the loveliness contained within its pages. If you'd like a paper copy posting please drop me a line on poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk and I'll get one straight out to you. We can share in all the crafty loveliness together!

In the mean time, I have a quick and simple summery Sheltering Tree card to share with you this morning. This is such a versatile stamp set (and I can give you a sneaky little bit of insider info, this is carrying over in to the new big catalogue!)


I absolutely love this card. It makes me think of warm sunshine and picnics. It was inspired by this creation I saw on a fellow Demonstrators blog.

Please excuse my deliberate stamping mistake that I tried to hide under my watermark. I made two versions of this card and I must've been tired as I made silly mistakes both times. I accidentally finger printed this one and stamped the bike upside down on the other. But as I've said before, every mistake is just another opportunity for embellishment ;0)


To create this card I used the technique of securing the Whisper White layer to the Blushing Bride base with non permanent adhesive and then stamped the tree and blossom so it covered both layers., I stamped the blossom in Blushing Bride and Rose Red for the two tone effect.

Once the tree was stamped I then removed the Whisper White layer and finished adding the stamped details. It was then secured to the Rose Red layer (cut 0.5cm larger than my Whisper White piece) and then lined up and adhered to the Blushing Bride cardbase. A simple but effective technique.

So just a quick reminder you have today and tomorrow to order from the Spring Summer, Retiring List and the 2014-2015 Annual Catalogue. And tomorrow you can also order from the new Catalogue. We have a one day crossover day where we are all spoilt for so much choice. So be sure to take advantage of all the lovely newness as well as make the most of all the retiring offers.

Thank you for popping by today. Please let me know if you have any questions about Stampin' Up! or our products. I would love to help. All items can be purchased online via my shop or get in touch directly and I can order them for you to be delivered direct to your door. I'd also love to Demo for you and your friends at a crafty party. As the hostess you earn lots of lovely freebies and you all get to make a fun crafty project too (no crafting experience necessary!)

 -XXX-

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment