Wednesday 6 November 2013

Stampin' Up! UK Joyful Christmas Gift



Good morning and welcome to a crafty Wednesday here at Stampin' Sarah! Hope you all had a lovely Bonfire Night. As the weather was a bit changeable, Summer and I opted for a night in with indoor fireworks at Mum and Dads. She was fascinated by the sparklers so it was a big success (and the drive home got her to sleep which is always a big plus!).

Today I thought I would share a hostess thank you gift I made for my friend Hayley who hosted a Stampin' Up! party at her house in Southampton on Saturday. I had seen lots of variations of this idea across Blogland and Pinterest. I loved the idea of making seasonal coasters for upcoming festivities. I searched online for cork coasters and also purchased two shades of Stazon ink to colour the image with (I could have used a spray sealant with Stampin' Up! inkpads but as I wished to demo the technique it wouldn't have left enough time to dry the coasters).


I began by stamping the Poinsettia image from the Joyful Christmas stamp set using Black Stazon on to the 4 cork coasters. I then used a sponge dauber to ink the red on to the image.  I finished by stamping the leaves in green and then added a touch of sparkle to the centre of the flowers.

I was really pleased with the result and thought these would make perfect little gifts for a neighbour or friend. And if you package them up using the current Stampin' Up! packaging promotion they will fit easily in the post of through a letter box with a lovely handmade touch. Please click here for more information on the fantastic packaging bundles featuring Stampin' Up! gift boxes, ribbon and gift tags. Or to order the bundles directly through my store, please click on the photo below.


The last image is a close up the packaging for the coasters which uses:




If you place an online order for any Stampin' Up! products through my online store remember to add the code below and I will add your name to the draw to win the hostess benefits for the month's combined orders (with a minimum of £25 in hostess freebies):

V99TUSS2

Please get in touch if you have any questions about todays project or My Digital Studio, about placing an order or about Stampin' Up! in general. You can contact me on poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 01983 609249.

Happy Crafting

-X-

No comments:

Post a Comment