Thursday 21 November 2013

Stampin' Up! UK WInter Frost Card Candy Convention Swap


Good morning Thursday crafters.

As Stampin' Up!'s Convention will be kicking off this evening with lots of over excited Stampin' Up! lovers all in one room, I thought I would share my Card Candy Swaps. I organised a swap of these little card toppers amongst the Pinkie team. There are 10 of us all signed up to make a set of card candy and we will all be meeting up tomorrow ready to swap.

I had seen a lovely card on Pinterest that used this idea of lots of little winter squares. I decided to use this as my punch art inspiration for my Convention Card Candy. I loved the excuse to get our all of my punches and have a play (as well as a good reason to use lots of lovely silver glimmer paper). You can't see too clearly in the picture, but the snowflake piece is actually a mini shaker with glitter in. Our shaker frames make creating these so easily (and they fit perfectly with our circle punches too).

To create each piece I used the following items:


Here are all 10 waiting to be packed away and swapped.


To create the label for the title I created a customised project in My Digital Studio and used the stamps and papers within the digital software to create my little labels (that I printed on to normal office labels and cut to size and attached to my Winter Frost toppers).

I have included links to the products used for today's project either by clicking on the photos or the direct links above. If you place an online order for any Stampin' Up! products through my online store remember to add the code below and I will add your name to the draw to win the hostess benefits for the month's combined orders (with a minimum of £25 in hostess freebies):

V99TUSS2

Please get in touch if you have any questions about today's project or about placing an order or about Stampin' Up! in general. You can contact me on poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 01983 609249.

I'll be back tomorrow for the last of my Convention excitement posts. I have the last of my swaps to share tomorrow (my general swaps and the swaps especially for Pinkies).

Happy Crafting

-X-



2 comments:

  1. Can you tell what size square punch you used for the base of each card candy piece?
    These are so cute...
    TFS,
    Barb S
    USA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Barb,

    Sorry I hadn't realised I hadn't posted the size of the candies. The square base for each candy was cut with my trimmer and measures 1.5 inches square. The candies were mounted on a 4"x6" piece of acetate. Hope this helps and thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog today. I really appreciate it.

    Sarah
    -X-

    ReplyDelete