Monday 31 August 2015

Frosty The Snowman Hat from Stampin' Up! UK Demonstrator Sarah Poulton

Good morning crafters and a happy wet and grey Bank Holiday Monday to you from a very rainy Isle of Wight. What better excuse to stay in and craft than wet weather? I am in the middle of a series of cross stitch Christmas gifts so might put on a good film with the girls and have a bit of a stitchy day.

I have another festive project to share with you today. This was inspired by a Connie Stewart video I happened upon on Youtube. I love the simplicity of creating the hat simply with strips of card and the Circles Collection Framelits.

A couple of tips for you if you want to have a go. It is definitely worth having a tin of beans or bottle of water to hand to help loosen the fibres in the main body of the hat as you curl it round. And also, I found that if you don't have the spiral border punch (now discontinued) you can simply cut little notches up to your score line to make little tabs to glue to the circular base.


To create this hat gift box you simply need Basic Black and a contrasting strip in either silver or grey (or any colour/pattern of your fancy). 

For decoration I used the Flower Shop Bundle to create this layered flower. I stamped and punched two main red flowers and then punched the centre from Hello Honey to create a contrasting middle. I curled the petals to give a little dimension and secured it all to the hat with several glue dots.


I filled my gift box hat with a sachet of festive mocha and a little packet of mini marshmallows. A perfect little place setting or neighbour gift.

Thank you for popping by today. Please let me know if you have any questions about Stampin' Up! or our products. I would love to help. All items can be purchased online via my shop or get in touch directly and I can order them for you to be delivered direct to your door. I'd also love to Demo for you and your friends at a crafty party. As the hostess you earn lots of lovely freebies and you all get to make a fun crafty project too (no crafting experience necessary!)

 -XXX-
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment