Monday 17 August 2015

Merry Moments Christmas Lantern Lights from Stampin' Up! UK Demonstrator Sarah Poulton

Good morning and Merry Christmas! It is Christmas Crafting Week here at Stampin' Sarah. To celebrate my Christmas Craft Days this weekend and the upcoming Autumn Winter catalogue (available to order from on September 1st) I have decided to share a week of Christmas themed projects. And there will also be a few new catalogue sneak peeks along the way too.

My first share is this Merry Moments Paper Lantern string of Christmas lights. I purchased a bulk lot of blank LED light strings from Ebay (see here) for all the attendees of my Christmas Days. I then cut stacks of Merry Moments Designer Series Paper in 6" squares.


This is a bit of a mind bender to begin with. I had a few attempts at making these lanterns before I got the knack. But once you get the idea they are super simple. It has been a while since I have attempted origami. But I loved the effect once they were completed.


Here are the instructions I used. I found them on Pinterest via an origami website. However, I wasnt able to find the original source for credit. Just an extra tip. I found it easier to fold across the diagonals before starting. This just made step 4 a little easier to fold.


***the original instructions I followed seem to be having some problems with my blog post. I found these alternative instructions on a lovely wedding website. Click below for the link***




I made 10 of these lanterns and then simply popped them over the LED lights. Here are the lanterns lit up (I took this last night once it had gotten a bit darker at home). I love how the lights make the lanterns glow and show off the lovely Christmasy paper designs.



The tree is made from an old pallet. This was another Pinterest inspired design made by my Dad. Mum lent me the tree for display purposes. This usually stands in front of Mum and Dads fireplace.

Thank you for popping by today. I hope you'll join me for the rest of my Christmas crafting projects that I'll be sharing throughout the week. I'll have a new project for you on Wednesday. Please let me know if you have any questions about Stampin' Up! or our products. I would love to help. All items can be purchased online via my shop or get in touch directly and I can order them for you to be delivered direct to your door. I'd also love to Demo for you and your friends at a crafty party. As the hostess you earn lots of lovely freebies and you all get to make a fun crafty project too (no crafting experience necessary!)

 -XXX-

2 comments:

  1. Love this! The instructions are not in the post??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure where the original instructions disappeared to. I have included some alternative instructions in the post instead. Thank you for letting me know and enjoy making them. A bit fiddly at first but on my second and third attempt I found them a lot simpler xx

    ReplyDelete