Thursday 20 August 2015

Altered Christmas Domino Decorations from Stampin' Up! UK Demonstrator Sarah Poulton

Today I am sharing my favourite project from my Christmas Craft Days this year, altered stamped dominoes.  I love the simplicity of stamping on to dominoes to create either a personalised piece of jewellery or a hanging Christmas decoration.

I searched Amazon for the ideal dominoes. I searched all the local shops and Charity shops and only found black dominoes. So I used these white dominoes. They worked well although I bought several packets and some were more yellow than white. But I discovered you could whiten them with White Staz On and then stamp over the top once dried (as with the middle domino below).


I covered the reverse of each domino in a small section of patterned paper (for these I used Merry Moment DSP) and then adhered a flat back jewellery bail (I used these from Ebay) so that my class attendees could either thread a ribbon or chain to make it in to a decoration or necklace.

My ladies were then free to stamp their domino with whichever stamps they wanted. Most ladies chose to use the three above as their inspiration. I created this trio of festive animals using the White Christmas stamp set. I stamped the images in Black Staz On. Once dried you can use a permanent marker such as a Sharpie to colour the image (I used a Stampin' Up! Chalk Marker for the polar bear). It has to be colour fast as once you glaze the domino any non permanent colours will run.

Once coloured I covered the dominoes with Crystal Effects glaze and sprinkled a little Dazzling Diamonds in to the glaze to give a little festive sparkle.

I have to share a few more of the samples I made (I got a bit carried away and made about 20 sample dominoes). The 'fa la la' one was my absolute favourite and it uses a sadly retired stamp set from many years ago. To this day Season of Joy is still my favourite Stampin' Up! set and I was super happy to give it another outing. I don't think I could ever be parted with my Season of Joy.


To finish each domino I coated the edges with gold foiling pen (non SU) and left to dry. This gives it a nice festive finish. So simple and so fun to make. My ladies came up with so many different variations. It was lovely to see so much creativity.

Thank you for popping by today. I'll have another new Christmasy project for you tomorrow. Please let me know if you have any questions about Stampin' Up! or our products. I would love to help. All items can be purchased online via my shop or get in touch directly and I can order them for you to be delivered direct to your door. I'd also love to Demo for you and your friends at a crafty party. As the hostess you earn lots of lovely freebies and you all get to make a fun crafty project too (no crafting experience necessary!)

 -XXX-
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment