Friday 28 February 2014

All that glitters is.... Gold!


Wow! Who knew gold tones would be so difficult to photograph! This card was a real labour of love to get a picture of. I love how it turned out though. This is another version of the washi tape card I shared on Wednesday. I used an old star punch in my stash to create the windows through to the fabulous Watercolor Wonder Washi Tape.

All demonstrators who attended Convention last year received this fantastic gold patterned washi tape and matching Sequin Trim as part of an all attendee giveaway. I've absolutely loved creating with the gold patterns. For this card I used Whisper White for the base card and layered with a little Brushed Gold cardstock to highlight the gold theme. 

I stamped the sentiment from the Sketched Birthday stamp set using my Metallic Gold Encore ink pad (I hand cut and then layered with a scrap of Brushed Gold card which I then hand cut to form another gold accent). The final touch was the So Saffron button from my Subtles Designer Buttons pot which I tied with lovely Gold Bakers Twine from the Spring Summer Catalogue.

And as a crafty bonus I thought I would share a lovely thank you note I received from a Sale-A-Bration hostess over the weekend.  It really made me smile getting a fab handmade note in the post.

The outside of the card had the 'pssst' from Happy Watercolour stamped on it.



This was what was awaiting inside the card. A fantastic pop up banner using the Banner punch which is yours for free with a qualifying £45 order during Sale-A-Bration (which runs to the end of March so get your order in asap so you don't miss out!). I love everything about this card and just had to share with you all!


If you'd like to find out more about Sale-A-Bration, please pop by my 'Promotions' tab at the top or drop me a line on poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 01983 609249. Sale-A-Bration is the best time of the year for ordering Stampin' Up! products. Who doesn't love a good freebie? 



Happy Crafting

-X-

No comments:

Post a Comment