Wednesday 5 February 2014

Scallop Tag Punch Fancy Fold Card




Good morning crafty friends.

I've had a few enquiries about this card I created a couple of weeks ago and how to create the Scallop Tag Punch closure for this card. I was looking for a project to prep for my Sale-A-Bration parties this week and came across this beautiful card on Pinterest. So I decided to multitask, I have prepped this project for my parties while simultaneously putting a few pictures together to help you to create your own Scallop Tag cards.

Before I get to the tutorial, here are a couple more close up pictures of this Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Gold and Crisp Cantaloupe creation.


I am so in love with the Happy Watercolour stamp set and this fab watercolour effect background stamp. I loved adding the gold dot background and the extra shimmer with gold Stampin' Up! glitter (applied with a two way glue pen).


And for extra pizzazz I removed 3 sequins from a length of gold sequin trim and attached with Tombow glue.


To create your own cards with this fancy fold Scallop Tag Punch closure you just need the following instructions:


Start with a standard piece of A4 cardstock and cut in half (standard UK measurement 14.8cm x 21cm). For this card I have started with a Crumb Cake cardbase.

Mark with a pencil on both the 14.8cm sides at the middle point (7.4cm)


Push the edge with the pencil mark face down in to the Tag Topper Punch. By carefully positioning the card you can push over the top of the grooves which are there to guide the normal width of a tag. You then need to line up your pencil mark with the centre of Tag topper and punch. Repeat this for the opposite side and pencil mark.


Line up this punched edge in your paper trimmer. Trim off the excess pieces above and below the Scallop Tag punched shape. You then need to score the Tag Topper piece in line with the edge of the card to allow you to fold the Tag over as part of the closure.


You then need to repeat the trimming for the other side. However do not score this Tag as this forms the foldover decorated section on the front of your card.

You need to score the centre fold of your card by measuring 10.5cm from the scored Tag edge. This will give you a 10.5cm x 14.8cm inner section and the foldover section for the front (ready to be decorated). The picture above is technically upside down as the flap will foldover from the other side.

To decorate and layer I used a Very Vanilla insert measuring 14.5cm x 10cm and for the front layer 14.5cm x 5.8cm.

I hope this all makes sense. Please let me know if I can help with anything further on how to create your own Scallop Tag closure card.

Thank you for stopping by today and get in touch with any Stampin' Up! questions: poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 01983 609249 / 07830 343830.

Happy Crafting
-XXX-


No comments:

Post a Comment