Thursday 20 February 2014

Hardwood Background Petite Petals Birthday

Good morning crafty friends. How goes your week? It has been a busy one here preparing for our new little one. I sent Sam in to the loft to recover the moses basket and other baby essentials. So I have been busy washing and prepping things for our new arrival. It really does feel like everything is ready, I really just need the baby now ;0) Oh and a name might be helpful. Hopefully Sam and I will agree on something in the next two and a bit weeks.


On our recent Pinkies Blog Hop to celebrate the Spring Summer catalogue I fell in love with this card by a fellow Pinkie, Caro. I decided to create my own version of the card using Baked Brown Sugar textured Coredinations cardstock, Very Vanilla cardstock and Naturals Ivory cardstock.

I absolutely adore the Hardwood background stamp. It is just so perfect for masculine or nature themed cards and is just so effective. I think this might be a stamp easily overlooked in the catalogue but it stamps so beautifully. The Hardwood background worked so well with the Petite Petals stamp set and punch  (available as a bundle here) to create this wreath window effect.

The colour scheme used for this card: Coastal Cabana, Pool Party, Very Vanilla, Baked Brown Sugar and Naturals Ivory (for the stamped background). I also used Soft Suede ink for the sponge daubering of the edges.

I hope you enjoyed my crafty make for today. I'd be happy to help with any questions or queries about Stampin' Up! so please get in touch on poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 01983 609249. And don't forget I also have an online store that is open 24/7:


Happy Crafting
-X-

No comments:

Post a Comment