Tuesday 7 January 2014

Stampin' Up! UK Banner Blast Sneak Peak


Good morning all. I hope the weather hasn't been too bad where you are. So much flooding and wind here on the Isle of Wight. Still, I would rather this than a cold snap and it all turning to ice. I'm happy to batton down the hatches and watch Christmas TV I recorded and Sherlock on repeat.

I must begin with another apology for the poor lighting for today;s photos. I really must invest in a daylight lamp and pop up tent for picture taking. I am not doing the beautiful Stampin' Up! papers justice with these oddly coloured photos.

For Christmas I made my Mum a covered diary with photos and I also made them as Downline and Hostess Club gifts. Yesterday, I finally got around to covering my 2014 diary. I was carrying around far too many dates in my head and I am pretty sure a few have dropped out of my head before I had a chance to write them down. So enough was enough, I managed to get Summer in to bed early and spent an hour creating with lovely new papers and Sale-A-Bration & new catalogue sneaky peaks.


I covered my diary with a sheet of lovely papers from the new Spring Summer catalogue (please email me if you'd like a hardcopy sent to you : poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk. I cannot even begin to describe all the loveliness contained within the pages!), the Retro Fresh Designer Series Paper set. I love the combination of colours in these papers: Baked Brown Sugar, Coastal Cabana, So Saffron,Tangerine Tango and Very Vanilla.

I then created the banner with Crisp Cantaloupe Twine from the fab Sweet Sorbet Sale-A-Bration Accessory Pack and the Sale-A-Bration Banner Punch (the patterned papers are again, Retro Fresh, with Champage Glimmer Paper accents). I used number stickers from my stash for the date. I used glue dots and candy dots to stick the twine in the shape of the banner. 


I created this little accent with a strip of Coastal Cabana 3/8" Ruffle Stretch Trim and a stamped 'Love' banner from the Banner Blast Sale-A-Bration stamp set. The floral embellishments on the photo corner are from the Sweet Sorbet Accessory Kit (I love these printed adhesive-backed cork embellishments).


The strip of Washi Tape you can see in the main picture was placed to hide the join in the plastic cover. I bought the covers to fit my Mum's diary and had 1 left which I had to customise to fit my slightly larger diary. 

If you'd like to find out more about Sale-A-Bration or the new Spring Summer catalogue, please drop me a line on poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk. I'd be more than happy to pop a hardcopy of the catalogues in the post to you for you to peruse at your leisure.  And if you'd like to book a party and fill a date in my new diary, I'll happily find a space for you, email or give me a call on 01983 609249.

Happy Crafting
-x-

No comments:

Post a Comment