Saturday 25 January 2014

Pinkies Stampin' Up! Sale-a-Bration Blog Hop: Banner Blast Valentine


Thank you for joining us on another Pinkies Blog Hop! We're showcasing lots of gorgeous projects using new Stampin' Up!® products that you can earn free during Sale-a-Bration. Simply use the buttons at the end of each post to keep hopping!

Thank you for joining me today from Michelle's blog and hopping to the Isle of Wight for a little bit of seaside Sale-A-Bration inspiration. For my project today I have taken inspiration from three of my favourite Sale-A-Bration products to create a lovely little owl gift box for Valentines Day.


 I created this little chap using the fabulous Sweet Sorbet Designer Series Paper (with a little bit of embellishment from the coordinating Sweet Sorbet Accessory Pack- the beautiful Twines are just too lovely!), the Banner Blast stamp set and matching Banner Punch. Any one of these lovely products can be ordered for FREE with a qualifying £45 spend from any of our current Stampin' Up! catalogues. No wonder, Sale-A-Bration is my absolute favourite time of the year.

I stamped the 'Love' banner by first stamping off my card stock to remove some of the excess ink and then stamping on my Whisper White. This created this lovely mottled stamped effect as well as highlighting the writing within the design. The 'I' and 'U' were stamped using my Simply Serif Mini Alphabet stamps which I stamped and then cut to fit my mini banner.


This Owl would work perfectly as a card (just by sealing the Top Note hinge at the top) but I decided to add a little miniature gift bag inside (that I created using the Envelope Punch Board) so that I could fill it with little chocolate hearts for my other half for Valentines. Now I just have to resist the urge to eat those chocolates before the 14th!! I have just secured the hinge at the top using a small velcro dot under the beak to keep the gift bag closed.


This really is a super easy project to make using the Top Note Die and a variety of punches too. Pop back later in the week and I'll be posting full instructions on how to create this lovely little gift box. Now to continue with today's hopping. Please hop on over to Nicole's blog for more creative inspiration.

Happy Crafting 
-x-
 






9 comments:

  1. Oh wow, he is soooo cute! Thanks for the inspiration, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh this is tooo cute indeed, thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice
    Greetings from another pinkie from the Netherlands
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, what a lovely little gift.

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely 'little chap' you have created.
    I have a friend who is totaly nuts about Owls, this would make a nice surprise for her.
    I'll be back!!!

    ReplyDelete