Monday 1 September 2014

Cheerful Christmas with a touch of Trim the Tree DSP using Stampin' Up! Autumn Winter Catalogue Products 2014


Good morning crafters.


How are you this fine September 1st? Where is 2014 running away to? It is now officially a downward hill to Christmas and the New Year. I am fairly certain if you pop to the shops today you'll be able to stock up on advent calendars and Quality Street. And while I am sure you'll soon see a full range of Christmas Cards popping up on the high streets, who would want to buy off the shelf when you could be creating from our fantastic new Autumn Winter Seasonal Catalogue? There is so much festive inspiration in those pages it is impossible to not want to have a go at creating your own festive makes.

Today's crafty share is inspired by a card I found on page 14 of the new catalogue.


I absolutely loved this layered embossing over a photo using Vellum. In my version of the card I have run the Filigree Frame Embossing Folder through the Big Shot using a sheet of Vellum cardstock. I then heat embossed the gorgeous 'Christmas Cheer' stamp from the Cheerful Christmas stamp set using White Embossing Powder.  I then layered the Vellum over a piece of DSP taken from the Trim The Tree Designer Series Paper Stack.


This card is made of a full sheet of A4 cardstock (Cherry Cobbler) folded in half. It needs to be a larger card to accommodate the full image created in the Vellum by the Filigree Frame Embossing Powder. I stamped the cardbase with the background image from the Cheerful Christmas stampset using my Versamark inkpad (the one I stamped with had a bit of glimmer added, but to get the tone on tone effect a normal Versamark would work too).



I embellished the hear embossing with Brights Candy Dots and Basic Rhinestones. I then created the mini pennants with scraps of Trim the Tree DSP and layered with Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine and finished with a Nordic Designer Button.


Please let me know if you have any questions about this project. You can get in touch via email: poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 01983 609249. I'm more than happy to help. All Stampin' Up! products can be ordered through my online store by clicking the product links above or the pictures below. Or get in touch direct and I'll happily place an order for you.

Happy Crafting
-X-

No comments:

Post a Comment