Thursday 4 September 2014

Snowflake Card Thinlit Die from Stampin' Up!: An All is Calm Christmas


When flicking through the Stampin' Up! Autumn Winter catalogue for the first time my eye was instantly drawn to the lovely Snowflake themed suite of products. I love both my Label and Circle Thinlit Flip Dies so I knew I'd have to order the matching Snowflake Card Thinlit Die to create some Christmas cards with the lovely flip element.


For this card I cut the base from Island Indigo and then ran a piece of All is Calm Designer Series Paper through the Big Shot with the Snowflake Thinlit Die to cut the two flap pieces to layer the front of the card.

I then cut two of the larger snowflakes from Bermuda Bay cardstock and layered them to fit over the Snowflake element in the flip card. To finish I cut a smaller snowflake from Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper and glued a silver sequin from the Frosted Sequins collection to the centre.



I also placed several of the Frosted Sequins across the card for an added bit of glimmer. I coloured small Rhinestones with my Night of Navy Blendabilities Markers to add to the centre of each sequin.

The sentiment is stamped using Island Indigo and is taken from the Wondrous Wreath Photopolymer Stamp Set. I punched the sentiment using the Decorative Label Punch (I punched a second Label from Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper which I cut in half and layered underneath to give a sparkly edging to my sentiment) and embellished with a row of Rhinestones.


And the final detail of the card I wanted to share with you are these beautiful All is Calm Snowflake Embellishments. They come with a hanging loop so you can easily tie them to your projects to add a beautiful layer of texture and a little bit of added luxury too.

Don't forget to check out this week's Weekly Deals by clicking on the picture below.


Thank you for popping by today and for sharing in my festive creativity excitement. I spent a good while yesterday photographing lots of exciting projects I have been working on to share with you over upcoming weeks. Lots of fun things to share to inspire you on your seasonal crafting adventures.

I am off on a walking expedition with my two girls today (and no I'm not climbing any mountains or anything. It is an expedition as getting two littlies dressed and out of the door feels like a monumental achievement!). I'm thinking feeding the ducks, a playground and picnic. So keeping my fingers crossed that the weather stays lovely.

If you have any questions about today's project or the products I have used, please get in touch on poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 01983 609249. You can order online direct through my store by clicking the product links above or the pictures below. I also have availability in the next few months for your very own crafty party. Click on the Promotions tab above to see the exclusive hostess promotion running until October 31st.

Happy Crafting
-X-

No comments:

Post a Comment