Monday 25 August 2014

Shades of Blue Celebration Cards using Stampin' Up! Bravo and Zoo Babies

Good morning and welcome to a very British soggy Bank Holiday Monday. I had grand plans for walking and car-booting today. Sadly I think the rain has put those plans on hold. Might have to craft instead. What a shame ;0)

What have you been up to this weekend? I have been busy with family and craftiness (it was my monthly card class this weekend- projects to be shared later in the week! I'll give you a little clue, more festive sneak peeks!). But I did also manage to grab a few minutes for a couple of quick celebration cards.

My first celebration was a Congratulations card for a member of my jewellery team who promoted last week. I wanted to send her a little note in the post to say a huge well done as she only joined my team on Monday!


I love the oversized sentiments in the Bravo Photopolymer stamp set from Stampin' Up! and knew they would make a perfect congratulations card. I used an Island Indigo cardstock base layered with Coastal Cabana and Whisper White. I coloured the stamp using my Tempting Turquoise, Island Indigo, Lost Lagoon, Pool Party and Bermuda Bay Stampin' Write Markers.

To create the layered stars I punched using my Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack star punch and Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper. I layered the sparkly star over Coastal Cabana and Island Indigo stars.


 And while I had my blues out on my craft desk I also created a new baby card for a friend who recently celebrated the arrival of her son. I stamped the animal images from the Zoo Babies stamp set. I masked each animal with a post it note to make sure I layered the animals carefully on top of one another.

My colour scheme for this card was Island Indigo, Tempting Turquoise, Lost Lagoon and Marina Mist.

I created the bunting using the Banner Punch layered with circles stamped with the Simply Serif Mini Alphabet and punched with the 1/2" Circle Punch.


So all in all I had a very shades of blue crafty weekend. I will be back on Wednesday with more Christmas craftiness. I have all the lovely projects from this months card class to share as well as the remaining projects from my Christmas Craft Days too.

Please let me know if you have any questions about this project. You can get in touch via email: poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 01983 609249. I'm more than happy to help. All Stampin' Up! products can be ordered through my online store by clicking the product links above or the pictures below. Or get in touch and I'll happily place an order for you.

Happy Crafting
-X-


No comments:

Post a Comment