Monday 18 August 2014

Isle of Wight Christmas Craft Day Make: Festive Sparkly Cup

Good morning and welcome to a new crafty (and slightly festive) week here at Stampin' Sarah!

I had the second of my Christmas Crafty Days this weekend. I love my annual festive crafting kick off events. It gives me permissions to start all things Christmas-y. And start in earnest I have. As well as sharing all my festive projects with my lovely ladies on Saturday I have also been designing Christmas cards for my upcoming card class and making stock and bits for a big craft fayre in November. It is thoroughly festive in my house. And it has been made only easier by all the lovely new Autumn Winter products coming to a catalogue near you very soon (new catalogue live August 28th!).



So here is the first of my festive shares with you from my Christmas Craft days this year. I had seen so many lovely covered coffee cups all over Pinterest. However, when it came to sourcing the lovely little cups it proved near impossible. I could only buy in huge bulk volume. So when I saw these full size takeaway cups for sale in my local Sainsburys I decided to use these instead.


And they handily had a paper outer layer which was super easy to peel off and use as a template for the Pistachio Pudding In Color Paper Stack paper which I used to cover the cup.

I then stamped the Festive Flurry snowflakes on to a length of Natural Cotton Ribbon using Island Indigo ink (just a warning- this takes a long time to dry  and you get very inky if you try to do anything with the ribbon too soon. I ended up speeding up the process with my heat gun). The main embellishment was created with the Festive Flurry Framelits. I layered snowflakes cut from Island Indigo cardstock and the fantastically glittery Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper. The silver embellishment is from last years seasonal catalogue (now sadly retired). But never fear, the new Autumn Winter catalogue has a new snowflake embellishment equally as lovely.


Here is the top of the cup. I tied a length of Whisper White Organza Ribbon around the whole cup and then created a tag using the Label Love stamp set punched with the Artisan Label Punch. I embellished the wooden stirring stick with three hearts punched with the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack.

 

The whole project was then finished with a little sachet of hot chocolate and a packet of mini marshmallows to give as a festive warming gift. Or eat yourself as a treat partway through the class!

If you would like a copy of the new Seasonal Autumn Winter catalogue posting to you, please let me know. I would love to send one out to you to peruse over a cuppa.

Please let me know if you have any questions about this project. You can get in touch via email: poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 01983 609249. I'm more than happy to help. All Stampin' Up! products can be ordered through my online store by clicking the product links above or the pictures below. Or get in touch and I'll happily place an order for you.

Happy Crafting
-X-

1 comment: