Wednesday 27 August 2014

Magic Christmas Slider Card using Stampin' Up!'s Joyful Christmas: IOW Christmas Craft Day


I was going through all my photos this morning deciding which new project to share with you today. I decided I had better share this fab Magic Slider Card as it uses the gorgeous Joyful Christmas stamp set which is only available to purchase until 10pm tonight. All items from the Autumn Winter 2013-2014 catalogue carryover list are only available till this evening and then are retired for good. This was my favourite stamp set for making Christmas cards last year and I could never part with this beautiful poinsettia. 

This Magic Slider Card was one of the showstopper projects at my Christmas Craft Day earlier in the month.


We used a Cherry Cobbler cardstock base measuring 5" x 6-1/4" (scored along the long side at 3" and 6"). We punched a hole in the front using the 1-3/4" Circle Punch. We created a pocket inside using a piece of Whisper White cardstock measuring 3"x4" (you only glue down the sides to create a pocket over which you can layer your sliding element (the coloured tag goes behind and the Window Sheet tag goes in front). 



I create two identical sized tags measuring 2"x 5-1/2" using the Scallop Tag Topper Punch. One tag was created using Whisper White and the other using part of a Window Sheet. I stamped the Whisper White cardstock with the Poinsettia image using my Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad. I then positioned my Window Sheet tag over the top and secured with a post-it note. Using my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig (perfect positioning tool!) I positioned the Poinsettia image exactly over the Whisper White stamped image and stamped on to the Window Sheet using Black Staz-On.

It is important to remember that the Staz-On dries on the Window Sheet and won't smudge and the Memento Ink is especially formulated for colouring with Blendabilities.

We coloured the Whisper White tag with my Cherry Cobbler and Daffodil Delight Blendabilities to give the magic effect when the two tags are pulled up (the key is to make sure the coloured tag sits behind the Whisper White pocket and the Window Sheet in front). The two tags were secured together with a length of Gold Satin Ribbon.


We decorated the outside sleeve with a Cherry Cobbler stamped Poinsettia and the Joyful Christmas Wishes stamped with Encore Gold ink. We coloured three large Basic Rhinestones with a Cherry Cobbler Blendabilities Marker for the final embellishment.


Don't forget, all orders from the Autumn Winter Catalogue 2013-2014 Carryover List must be completed today as tomorrow we welcome a whole new season of exciting new festive products.

Today also sees 7 new Weekly Deals launched over on my online store. Don't miss these great discounted products. Now is a perfect time to stock up on Gold Foil Sheets ready for all things Christmas-y.


Please let me know if you have any questions about this project. You can get in touch via email: poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 01983 609249. I'm more than happy to help. All Stampin' Up! products can be ordered through my online store by clicking the product links above or the pictures below. Or get in touch direct and I'll happily place an order for you.

Happy Crafting
-X-


No comments:

Post a Comment