Wednesday 20 August 2014

Isle of Wight Christmas Craft Day: Stampin' Up! Catalogue CASE Star Framelit Card

Good morning crafters and welcome to Wednesday.

Busy busy busy here. Seem to have a lot of crafty mojo floating around the Isle of Wight at the moment. I have been creating decorations for Sylvie's upcoming Christening using up lots of odds and ends of gorgeous Stampin' Up! ribbons (I'll share photos soon). I've also started working on Summer's handstitched Christmas stocking again (I actually took it in to hospital when I was pregnant with Summer! It has been nearly 3 years in the stitching). And today I am off for a big baking session with my Mum to freeze some bits ready for the Christening party. 

But back to paper craftiness. Here is a Stampin' Up! Star Framelit card we created at my Christmas Craft Days.


 I CASED this card design from the Annual Stampin' Up! Catalogue (Page 135). I loved this stand out 3D star and the glitziness of the added Glimmer Paper.


Here is the card in the catalogue:


My version of the card uses an Early Espresso cardbase created using two of the largest Star Framelits and taped together at the top. I then cut a Brushed Gold Star with a smaller star cut from the centre (I used the Magnetic Platform. I scored each point and folded the star to stand up. By placing a Dimensional in each point it helps the star to stay 3D. I layered the Brushed Gold star over a smaller star cut from Champagne Glimmer Paper.

I cut the Banner using the Bitty Banners Framelits Die and stamped using the More Merry Messages stamp set in Gold Encore Ink.

I love the dimension of this card and such a simple design to use as a decoration, gift tag or greeting card. And by simply changing the colour scheme it can be used for any occasion.

Just a reminder, all carryover items from last years Autumn Winter catalogue are only available to order until August 27th. Click on this link to see the stamps, punches and accessories only available for one more week. 

Please let me know if you have any questions about this project. You can get in touch via email: poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 01983 609249. I'm more than happy to help. All Stampin' Up! products can be ordered through my online store by clicking the product links above or the pictures below. Or get in touch and I'll happily place an order for you.

Happy Crafting
-X-

No comments:

Post a Comment