Monday 9 July 2012

A Happy 40th Birthday

Sam, Summer and I were invited to a 40th Birthday Barn dance on Saturday evening. This was for one of my lovely ladies who I have met through Stampin' Up! Wendy, so I set about creating a Stampin' Up! birthday card for her. I started with a blank canvas of Crumb Cake cardstock and I was a bit stuck. Then I remembered this fab card I'd seen on Pinterest (while I am getting used to life with less sleep Pinterest is often my saviour as it helps me no end with my sometimes lacking mojo- well not so much lacking, it is more likely tucked up in bed somewhere sleeping!). The Aviary stamp set is one of my go to favourites. I just love those bird cages. And tone on tone stamping is also one of my favourite techniques.
I always forget you can colour the white organza ribbon with the reinkers or pens to create a perfectly matching ribbon for any card. I love the sheen of this ribbon as it really sets off any project.

The colour scheme for this card is Cherry Cobbler and Crumb Cake. The numbers are from my scrapbooking stash. I used them as they matched the Antique Brad perfectly.

I'll have to tell you about the barn dance on another occasion as I am writing this in advance and scheduling this post (so as I write I haven't yet been to the party!!!). I've had to schedule some posts as I have a rare hour or so to get online while Summer is sleeping ;0)

Hope you all had a lovely weekend and happy Monday crafting
-x-

No comments:

Post a Comment