Saturday 7 July 2012

A bit of Summer scrapbooking

Good morning all and a very happy Saturday to you all.

I am taking a little break from normal service for today to share with you some of my (non SU) scrapbooking.

I spent a lovely afternoon this week at Mum's house scrapbooking with my Mum and sister while Summer snoozed contentedly in her travel cot. I haven't properly sat down and scrapbooked for months and months. So I decided to limit my scrapping confusion by limiting my supplies to one bag that I carried from my craft room. I often get overwhelmed by my punches, my Cricut, my papers, my embellishments, my alphas, my stamps, my glues, my glitters, my inks, my dies..... so sometimes it is nice to just pack a bag of vaguely relevant and matching papers and see what happens. I already had a few packs of baby themed papers all together so that made life a little easier. And considering I haven't scrapped in a while I am really pleased with my results. It was super satisfying photographing these layouts and then putting them into their page protectors in my Summer album (which tells the story from scans and bump pics to date).

My partner took this pic of me the day before I went in to hospital to be induced. I was HUGE!!! But it is a lovely memory as now I have Summer here and all the uncomfortableness of pregnancy is a rose tinted memory ;0)
 I had planned a duck themed layout for these photos as I had specifically chosen this lovely pale yellow baby grow for Summer's 'going home' outfit but then I found this fab die cut paper in my collection and had to use this instead. I thought it matched the theme of the photos perfectly. Shame you cannot capture on paper how happy you were to leave your little hospital room ;0)

 And this final double layout uses some of the gorgeous snaps Sam took of Summer while I was still in the operating room. Sam left with Summer and the midwife as she was being cleaned up and dressed in the recovery room and he captured some beautiful shots of her as a newborn. I especially love the photo of her little feet beside her first nappy ;0) Would you believe these papers and embellishments were all free with a scrapping magazine. I usually discard the free A4 papers or add them to my family scrapping share box. But these just caught my eye and fitted my pages perfectly.


Right, thats me done for today ;0) Hope you all have lovely weekends planned and a very happy weekend of crafting to you all. Normal SU blogging service will be restored on Monday with some projects I have been working on.

-XXX-

1 comment:

  1. Love both this blog and the tea cup one they are gorg as is little Summer. See you soon Hx

    ReplyDelete