Monday 30 July 2012

Mixed Bunch Butterfly Card


This is my favourite card from this month's card class. It uses a new technique I have taught myself, emboss resist. This card was inspired by a card I found on Pinterest made by a US Demonstrator.

This uses the stamp sets Just Believe and Mixed Bunch. The butterfly was made using the ornate flower from Mixed Bunch. I stamped it in versamark and clear heat embossed it. I then sponged Daffodil Delight and Melon Mambo over the clear embossing and wiped away the excess ink. I punched it using the matching punch and cut away two of the petals to create the butterfly shape.

I also used the lovely new Framelits from the Summer Mini to create the matching frames. The striped background paper is from a retired set from the Spring Mini Catalogue.

And here is a little Summer update. With the beautiful sunshine we have been getting on the Isle this past couple of weeks I have finally been able to dress her in her beautiful summer wear. Here is a cute little piglet outfit a friend bought her. She looked so lovely in it.

Happy Crafting ;0)
-X-


No comments:

Post a Comment