Wednesday 15 June 2011

Botanical Gazette Scrapbook Layouts

I finally got around to photographing my finished layouts for this months scrapbooking class. I themed this months pages around the Botanical Gazette Designer Series Paper and Nature Walk stampset. I tried to decide on a central 'technique' for the evening and I ended up choosing homemade embellishments as the focus. This gave me the perfect opportunity to showcase the lovely Stampin' Up! Bevelled Window Panes framed with Baja Breeze Glass Glitter.

Now when I first got my hands on the Bevelled Windows from the Stampin' Up! mini catalogue I am not afraid to admit that I didnt have the foggiest what to do with them. But now I have had a bit of a play and started trying different effects with them I am slightly hooked on using them. I have exclusively been using them to highlight specific areas on my scrapbooking LOs and havent even started with cardmaking (I can feel another Window Pane order coming on....).

The first LO features a Cherry Cobbler base layer and uses elements from several designs from the Botanical Gazette DSP. I have also stamped the matching butterfly image from the Nature Walk stamp set and framed this within the Bevelled Window. I have created embellishments with my Blossom Punch and Basic Pearls. And the title was stamped with my Just Perfect Alphabet and matching sized circle punch.
 The second LO was created using two 4x6 prints. The handmade embellishment element on this page is the chipboard tree. I will be teaching the paper covering technique to my ladies in the class and showing how effective creating perfectly matched chipboard embellishments can be in scrapbooking. The Nature Walk bird has been heat embossed in gold and cut out. I have raised this with dimensionals layered on top of Old Olive ribbon and a branch punched with the Bird Punch. I have stamped the title in gold on Very Vanilla and Cherry Cobbler.
Any questions about Stampin' Up! or to book your place on any of my monthly classes, please get in touch: poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 609249.

Happy crafting ;0)
-X-

No comments:

Post a Comment