Saturday 18 June 2011

Wedding Acceptance Mark 2

So yesterday I sat down to create a wedding acceptance card for my dear school and Uni friends Natalie and Will. A few months ago I sat down and created them 75 wedding invitations with an Autumnal/Harvest theme. So to RSVP to their wedding I thought I would use the offcuts from their invites to make them a matching acceptance card.

I used strips of Cajun Craze, More Mustard, Crumb Cake and off cuts of the leaf stamped Whisper White to make a woven pattern which I then embossed with the Square Lattice Embossing Folder for the Big Shot. I then ran the embossed criss cross papers through the Big Shot again and cut a Top Note shape. I then mounted this onto a More Mustard card base. I tied a length of Early Espresso satin ribbon through the top of the card and tied in a knot to theme with the tie around on their wedding invites.

To finish I created the 'Accept' using a small sheet of Vellum and the Jumble Alphabet with Cajun Craze ink and attached the writing to the More Mustard layer with Cajun Craze brads.

 Here is the original invitation I made for them. This used a leaf stamp from a retired Hostess set stamped randomly in So Saffron, Cajun Craze and More Mustard. I used matching cardstock to create the base layer and wrap around sleeve. I used the Schoolbook Serif and Just Perfect Alphabets to create the monogram and punched with the large oval punch. The 'You're Invited' is stamped from the Cheer and Wishes stamp set and punched with the Modern Label punch,

Hope you are all having a lovely weekend. What happened to our beautiful sunshine in the UK? I need to book a holiday I reckon just to get a little Vitamin D.

Happy weekend crafting ;0)
-XX-

No comments:

Post a Comment