Monday 27 June 2011

A very Glee-ful weekend

This is an entirely craft free post (and I also recommend that if you're not a fan of Glee you look away now!).

So yesterday I made the trip up to the O2 to see the Glee Live show with my Uni friend Lisa. Our birthdays are a few days apart and we wanted to do something to celebrate our 30ths. So we booked ourselves tickets for the Glee spectacular (both being huge musical fans. We studied Film & TV together at Warwick- Glee was our perfect present to ourselves!)

Well can I just say, WOW!!! I've seen a lot of concerts in my time, but this was possibly the best 1h20m of live music I've ever seen. It flew by and I was so disappointed when it was over (and I also wondered where my voice had gone to in such a short space of time!).

The set list was as follows:

1.Don't Stop Believin' (Journey cover)
2.Dog Days Are Over (Florence and The Machine cover)
3.SING (My Chemical Romance cover)
4.I'm a Slave 4 U (Britney Spears cover)
5.Fat Bottomed Girls (Queen cover)
6.I Want to Hold Your Hand (The Beatles cover)
7.P.Y.T. (Michael Jackson cover
8.Born This Way (Lady Gaga cover)
9.Firework (Katy Perry cover)
10.Teenage Dream (Warblers)
11.Silly Love Songs (Warblers)
12.Raise Your Glass (Warblers)
13.Happy Days Are Here Again / Get Happy (Barbra Streisand cover)
14.Lucky (Jason Mraz cover)
15.River Deep, Mountain High (Ike & Tina Turner cover)
16.Jessie's Girl (Rick Springfield cover) 
17.Valerie (Any Winehouse cover)
18.Loser Like Me
Encore:

19.Safety Dance (Men Without Hats cover)
20. Single Ladies (Beyonce)
21.Empire State of Mind (Jay-Z cover)
22.Somebody to Love (Queen cover)

All firm Glee favourites (and probably explains where my voice has gone too to!). I took about 300 photos as I was just loving it all so much. Here are some of my favourites:

My Chemical Romance- Sing
 Britney and Mr Schu having a chat-
 Mercedes popped up on a mini stage right next to us (not sure about the orientation? Blogger having a funny 5 again).
 Tina and Kurt getting their Gaga on-
 Glee wouldnt be Glee without Sue-
 Or the Warblers-
 Kurt and Rachel on the mini stage-
 All the Single Ladies-
 Kurt on the mini stage-
Right, I have to be on a bus in 5 mins so I better post this right now.

Happy Monday all ;0)
-X-

1 comment:

  1. Wow Sarah, that looks like a great concert! I have only just got into glee, just bought the first series and the whole family really enjoyed it! x

    ReplyDelete