Sunday 19 June 2011

Build a Blossom Fish Tank

I hadn't even thought of creating a fish using the Build a Blossom stamp set until I saw Peg's recent blog post over on Pegcraftalot. What a fantastic idea!!!  So here is my attempt.  I used several of the Blossom stamps to make this combination of little fishes which I then cut out and stuck onto my tempting turquoise base with dimensionals.

This card is my Father's Day card for Dad. I attempted to make it look like a postcard (using non SU stamps from my stash) as he will be away on an exciting road trip through Canada with Mum and my littlest sister on the actual date of Fathers Day (Happy Fathers Day Dad if you are reading this!). I made this well in advance so Mum could tuck it away in her luggage and give it to him today.

I've been looking at a few challenge blogs recently and came across Simply Stampin' yesterday. Their theme for the week is 'You've Got Male' and I thought this card would be perfect. Although not classically masculine in colour or design, it is perfect for any fish loving Dads or partners out there. I chose this design for Fathers Day as my Dad has just built himself a gorgeous little pond in the garden and he loves all things fishy ;0)

For this card I used:

Cardstock: Glossy White, Tempting Turquoise, So Saffron
Stamps: Build a Blossom, Plane and Simple (Greeting) and Just Believe (for the seaweed)
Ink: Peach Parfait, Poppy Parade, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Night of Navy
Other: Dimensionals

Any questions about Stampin' Up! or their products, please get in touch: poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 01983 609249.

Happy crafting ;0)
-x-

6 comments:

  1. Oh I love this to pieces! I could be swayed into buying this set just to make fish! Vx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an imaginative way of using this stamp set. Love it! Thanks for joining us again at Simply Stampin Challenge. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool, what a fantastic idea! Thanks for joining us this week at the Simply Stampin' Challenge, Niki x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab way to use this set!
    Thanks for joining in with this week's Simply Stampin' Challenge...x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really fun card, I'm sure your Dad will be thrilled with his surprise card. Thanks for joining us at Simply Stampin' challenge this week, x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet your Dad loved this, it sounds perfect for him and what he loves right now!
    Thanks for joining in with this weeks Simply Stampin' Challenges,
    Hugs, Sarah-Jane xx

    ReplyDelete