Monday 11 January 2016

A Papercut Botanicals For You Card from Stampin' Up! UK Demonstrator Sarah Poulton

Happy Monday crafters. I have been doing my best to combat the January blues this weekend by spending some time making super lovely Sale-A-Bration celebration cards. I have a whole week of projects to share with you using the exclusive stamp sets you can receive for free with an order of £45+ during Sale-A-Bration. 

My first project of the week uses the Botanicals For You stamp set (designed to coordinate with the Botanical Blooms bundle from the Spring Summer catalogue). And I love a project where I can combine more than one of my crafty interests. For this card I stamped the greeting and the flowers so they each overlapped the other giving one continuous image. I stamped them in Calypso Coral, Melon Mambo and Old Olive.


I then used a craft knife to cut around all the elements of the joined stamped images giving a very delicate paper cut piece which I then mounted using cut up Dimensionals on the reverse. This was very different to my usual papercutting process as I would normally cut on the reverse (cutting a flipped image) on much thinner paper. However, I loved the effect of papercutting using my Stampin' Up! supplies. By mounting with Dimensionals you can see the shadow created by the papercut on the Very Vanilla piece behind.


I finished my card by mounting my paper cut over Very Vanilla, Old Olive and Melon Mambo. I then added Basic Rhinestones to my flowers. Such a fun way to bring together two of my crafting loves.

If you'd like to get hold of your own Botanicals for You stamp set you can receive it for free with a purchase of £45. So if you purchased the matching Botanical Blooms bundle you could receive this stamp set as a bonus for free!! Click the image below for more info on this years lovely Sale-A-Bration extras.


Pop back on Wednesday to see two cards I made with my favourite stamp of this years Sale-A-Bration, the little bird from Honeycomb Happiness. Thank you for popping by today. Please let me know if you have any questions about Stampin' Up!, Sale-A-Bration or any of our new products. I would love to help. All items can be purchased online via my shop or get in touch directly and I can order them for you to be delivered direct to your door. I'd also love to Demo for you and your friends at a crafty party. As the hostess you earn lots of lovely freebies and you all get to make a fun crafty project too (no crafting experience necessary!) 

 -XXX-.

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment