Friday 4 September 2015

A White Christmas Star Album Card from Stampin' Up! UK Demonstrator Sarah Poulton

Happy Friday! Do you have anything exciting (and crafty) lined up for your weekend? I have my Autumn Winter catalogue Open House tomorrow between 10.30am and 2.30pm. If you would are on the Isle of Wight and would like to find out more about Stampin' Up! and have a go at a lovely festive make and take, please pop along. I'd love to see you.

Today I have another of my Christmas Craft Day makes to share with you. We all created one of these star album/cards. To create my sample I used this tutorial I found via Pinterest. The tutorial shows how to make a star shaped mini album. However, by adapting the tutorial and by cutting a rectangular window in the smallest layer, I was able to create a multi-scene card instead.


This project would have to be for extra special recipients though as it is fairly cardstock/DSP heavy. To create the whole star I needed 6 sheets of A4 coloured cardstock (I used Whisper White and Garden Green) and 2 complete sheets of Designer Series Paper (I used Merry Moments).



Within each section of the star I created a little Christmasy scene. I used the White Christmas stamp set for ease. I stamped each piece of Whisper White with the trees and then used different elements for each window scene.


I used my ink pads and blender pens to colour each scene. I love the subtle, almost watercoloured, effect of colouring with the blenders. It isn't as bold as colouring directly with markers. I embellished various scenes with glitter and/or sequins depending on the picture I was creating. 

Each star section frame was embellished with Metallics Sequins and other stickers from my retired Stampin' Up! stash.


The whole project folds flat and can be decorated as a traditional card. The reindeer clip is to hold the star open when fully folded for decorative purposes. I love that is a special card or gift that can also become a festive decoration too.


Thank you for popping by today. Please let me know if you have any questions about Stampin' Up! or our products. I would love to help. All items can be purchased online via my shop or get in touch directly and I can order them for you to be delivered direct to your door. I'd also love to Demo for you and your friends at a crafty party. As the hostess you earn lots of lovely freebies and you all get to make a fun crafty project too (no crafting experience necessary!)

 -XXX-
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment