Monday 30 March 2015

A Wetlands Birthday Card from Stampin' Up! UK Demonstrator Sarah Poulton

Good evening and a happy crafty Monday to you.

I'm posting a bit later than usual today as I got a bit carried away playing with the girls this morning and then we went for a 5 mile walk and I completely forgot to post my project.

I have another of our March card class makes to share with you today. As you can probably tell if you read my blog regularly, I need no excuse to break open my Wetlands stamp set to create a project. I just adore these water birds.


This card was inspired by a project I had seen on Pinterest. I love the use of this 'spotlight' technique to highlight part of the image.  

I cut a small piece of Very Vanilla cardstock and used repositionable adhesive (I used a tiny bit of Snail adhesive and then patted my finger on it to take out a lot of the stick) to attach it where I wanted on the card. I then stamped the Wetlands birds across the card three times. I then removed the smaller rectangle and daubered the Crumb Cake for the sand and Pool Party for the sky.

I cut a piece of Soft Suede cardstock 0.5cm bigger than the Very Vanilla to layer underneath.


To finish the card I used Neutral Candy Dots in the corners. It was only when I came to post these pictures that I realised my card has lost one of its Dot in the lower right corner. But you get the idea.

Just a quick reminder that Sale-A-Bration ends tomorrow. So if there is a freebie you'd love to get your hands on they are available for one more day only!

Thank you for popping by today. Please let me know if you have any questions about Stampin' Up! or our products. I would love to help. All items can be purchased online via my shop (or click on the links above to find out more about specific products) or get in touch directly and I  can order them for you to be delivered direct to your door. 

-XXX-
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment