Monday 16 March 2015

A very Happy 40th Birthday celebration with Yoda from Stampin' Up! UK Demonstrator Sarah Poulton


Good afternoon and a Happy Monday to you!

Today is my other half's 40th so we've had a morning filled with fun and treats and birthday pressies. He is a big Star Wars fan so I bought him the Star Wars trilogy from the girls as a gift. So of course he needed a card to match. I found this fantastic tutorial from Sarah-Jane showing you how to create a punch art Yoda and knew I had to give it a go. I'm really pleased with the result.

I used Night of Navy cardstock with a Brushed Silver layer (I also used this for creating the moon and light saber). Yoda is made with Old Olive and Crumb Cake cardstock which I then daubered with coordinating ink round the edges.


I found an amazing paper cutting artist on Etsy that made this beautiful Lord of the Rings layered card. Sam absolutely loves the Lord of the Rings stories so I knew this would make a perfect gift. It is a bit of a cheat for a cardmaker to buy a card I know but I was busy creating Sam's birthday pressie.


And here is what I made. I used a template from Etsy from NineFingerJo which I purchased and printed at home. I then spent a couple of weeks cutting a little each day. This was the most complex papercut I have cut to date and it was certainly fragile. But I got there in the end. I searched all over the internet for the right iridescent paper and found the perfect colour to create the dragon's chest. All in all it was a labour of love. But Sam was super pleased with it. So it was worthwhile ;0)


And here is my final crafty creation for the day, Sam's cake! This is a bounty cake. I used a silicone bundt cake tin and layered chocolate sponge mixture with a mixture of caramel condensed milk and flaked coconut and then more sponge mixture. Unfortunately it all got stuck to the tin but you'd never know after I embellished with melted white chocolate!


As you can see it is all still in one piece. I'll have to report on whether it tasted good in my next post ;0)

Thank you for popping by today. You can find out more about the new Spring Summer Catalogue and Sale-A-Bration promotion by clicking here or by using the navigation menu on the left. This really is the most exciting time of the year to shop. New products and fantastic freebie rewards too. 

Please let me know if you have any questions about Stampin' Up! or our products. I would love to help. All items can be purchased online via my shop (click on the links below to find out more about specific products) or get in touch directly and I  can order them for you to be delivered direct to your door. 

-X-

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

1 comment:

  1. these are incredible, the dragon is just awesome - great work !

    ReplyDelete