Wednesday 18 March 2015

Swallowtail Birthday Greetings from Stampin' Up! UK Demonstrator Sarah Poulton

Good morning crafters. I hope your week is going well so far. I can confirm that the coconut chocolate cake I shared in my last post was delightful. And I have put on half a stone just by looking at it ;0)

I have a quick 40th Birthday Card to share with you today. It must be a week of 40th celebrations. I made this for my Mum to give a work colleague.



I was looking for inspiration from my stamp cupboard and settled on the beautiful Swallowtail stamp. I love this large butterfly image and I haven't had it out of its box in a fair few months. This is what I came up with.


I stamped the main image on to Naturals Ivory cardstock using Rose Red ink. I then cut around the butterfly edge to give the shaped front layer of the card.




I created the birthday sentiment with the Memorable Moments stamp set. I embellished with Basic Pearls (the smaller I coloured with my markers).

For the corner stamping I used Blushing Bride and Encore Gold ink with the butterflies from the Perpetual Birthday stamp set and the roses from Painted Petals. I used my Encore Gold ink pad to add daubered gold around all the card edges. It gives a lovely antique-y vintage feel to the card.

It is Wednesday so be sure to check out the latest Weekly Deals from Stampin' Up! This week features lovely ribbons and embossing folders. 

Thank you for popping by today. You can find out more about the new Spring Summer Catalogue and Sale-A-Bration promotion by clicking here or by using the navigation menu on the left. This really is the most exciting time of the year to shop. New products and fantastic freebie rewards too. 

Please let me know if you have any questions about Stampin' Up! or our products. I would love to help. All items can be purchased online via my shop (click on the links below to find out more about specific products) or get in touch directly and I  can order them for you to be delivered direct to your door. 

-X-
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love this Sarah, might have to case it! TFS x

    ReplyDelete