Tuesday 29 July 2014

A Blooming Birthday Card using Flower Patch from Stampin' Up!


Good morning crafters. Welcome to a new summer-y crafting week here at Stampin' Sarah.

I've been locked up in my craft room creating some lovely festive projects for my upcoming Christmas Craft Days in August. I have been designing and prepping lots of different projects including cards, decor and gifts. I cannot wait to share them with you very soon. But I don't want to spoil the surprise for my event attendees.

Today's crafty share is one of the cards we made at my July Monthly Card Class. It was inspired by this beautiful card. I loved the colour scheme and how beautifully the Flower Patch stamps layered over one another so gave it a Stampin' Sarah spin.

The layered colours are: Daffodil Delight, Crisp Cantaloupe, Tangelo Twist, Real Red and Old Olive. I used a half A4 card base in Blackberry Bliss layered with a 10.1cm x 14.4cm Hello Honey layer and the stamping was on a 9.7cm x 14cm Whisper White layer.


To create the sentiment layer I stamped the 'Happy Blooming Birthday' in Blackberry Bliss and layered on to a piece of Mossy Meadow which I punched with my Scallop Trim punch (I hadn't realised this punch had retired when I created the card, so you could very easily substitute this for the Scallop Edge Border Punch). The layered flowers are punched using the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack and finished with a Basic Rhinestone.

I hope you all had a lovely weekend. This is the best time of year to live on the Isle of Wight as every weekend there are Fayres and Festivals to pop along to and enjoy. This past weekend was the RSPCA IW Branch Gala Weekend. A huge fundraising event for the Branch and also a community event for people to visit the Centre and meet the staff and find out more about the work we do on the Island. I took my girls along both days to have a go at the games, indulge in ice cream and bounce on the bouncy castle. 

Sylvie is a little young to participate but she did spend some time with Papa (my Dad) on the coconut shy. She absolutely loved playing with the foiled animal balloons.


And the bouncy castle was conveniently located right next to the coconut shy so Summer loved having a bounce. And she slept well that night too.


Thank you for stopping by today and sharing in a little Stampin' Up! craftiness. All products are available to order through my Online Store.  And while you are there, don't forget to check out the Weekly Deals and Clearance Rack for some excellent bargains.

My diary is filling up for Christmas Crafty Parties so if you are on the Isle of Wight and would like to get together with some friends for some Festive crafting inspiration please get in touch on poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 01983 609249 to chat about earning crafting products for free and to book your date.

Happy Crafting
-X-

No comments:

Post a Comment